About 3 years I joined a site called PoshMark. For those who aren't aware Poshmark is a simple and fun way to buy and sell fashion from each others closet. Items vary to Shoes, Accessories, Handbags from Forever 21 to Prada. Initially, I only joined because a few of my favorite youtubers would sell cool things on there. It wasn't until exactly 1 month ago that I attempted to list items to sell myself. After posting about 10 items to list (it's recommend to post atlas 10 items to show others you have a genuine & serious interest in selling on PM) and waiting 2 days, I had sold my first item! I'd sold a black sleeveless crop top by H&M. Later that same day I got an offer on my kimono! The site has been a success thus far with trading & sellling.
Here is 3 Tips that will help you sell:
1. Cover Photo- your cover photo should be a clear image of the product you are selling, it should be the highlight & main focus in the photo. Make sure you lighten any dark photos & crop anything in the background of the photo.
2.Product Quality- Be sure the quality of your product is in Good condition. No one wants to spend money on something that has stains, an odor, or missing buttons & loose threads. Touch up your shoes before selling, clean your jewelry, and clean out any dust from the inside of any handbag that has been tucked away in your closet.
3. Image Title- Stating exactly what you are selling & including the brand in the headline will catch more buyers eyes. Would you click on an item that is just labeled "All white T-Shirt" or and item labeled "Crew Neck White T-shirt by Yeezy Season 3"? Wording is everything!
3 Tips to ensure a repeat customer:
1. Communication- responding to comments and answering questions immediately is a sign that you are active & attentive to your customers and your closet. Often times on Posh Mark, Sellers forget to tag the potential buyer in the comments section & communication is suddenly lost, a potential buyer is lost & that leads to no sale. If you are having technical difficulties with an order, let the buyer know so.
2. Sending Packages off the same day- This is a huge advantage as buyers will rate you based on how fast you ship & the quality of the product & packaging. The faster you ship, the better the rating. Just keep in mind to take some time when packaging your item.
3. Packaging- Go all out, but in a simple way. Be sure that if you are sending your packages off in cute boxing, that you put that box inside of another box. Postal Services are pretty rough when sorting packages therefore your cute packaging could be destroyed by the time it reaches your customer. Another tip is to use things like wrapping tissue, cute bags when packing accessories & adding a Thank You note to every order is almost a necessity! A custom Thank You note is always the best.
Overall, the site is great for girls who want to start up a business in fashion retail. It gives you the opportunity to build clientele, learn about sales, learn shipping, packaging & so much more! The site also allows you to see gently used items or new items with tags. There is also another option to sell wholesale items for resale, however in order to gain access you'd have to sell 10 or more items!
Check out my closet on PoshMark & Shop!
posh mark i.d: ppp1992